What do participants pay?
There is no fee for participation. These temporary, grant-funded transportation services via taxi, will be provided on a first come, first serve basis.
All rides must begin or end in Stow.
Who is eligible for service?
Stow residents meeting at least one of the following requirements:
- Age 50+
- Individual with a Disability
- Financial Need
- Active Duty Military/Veteran
- Essential Worker
For those who are applying based on financial need:
Upon review of your Application Stow’s Town Social Worker, Brian O’Sullivan will reach out to you to gather more information. Please be prepared to provide a copy of documentation related to one or more of the following:
- Mass Health membership * SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- Subsidized Housing paperwork * Utility Discounts/Fuel Assistance
- Veterans Benefits * WIC (Women, Infants, Children)
- Other applicable programs
For other applicants (Age 50+, Disability, Veterans):
Upon review of your Application the Stow’s Town Social Worker, Brian O’Sullivan will reach out to you to gather more information. Please be prepared to provide a copy of documentation related to one or more of the following as applicable:
- Government issued identification including birthdate (e.g. Drivers License, Passport, RealID)
- Form DD-214 (or similar proof of military service) Statements or letters on a physician's/medical professional's letterhead stationary describing disability
- Statements, records or letters from a Federal Government agency that issues or provides disability benefits
- Statements, records or letters from a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency counselor
Certification from a private Vocational Rehabilitation or other Counselor that issues or provides disability benefits
- Proof of employment for Essential Workers
How do I request a ride?
If you haven't already, apply for the program. Council on Aging staff will reach out to you to verify your eligibility. Once you are signed up, you can complete this RIDE REQUEST FORM and return it to Gigi Lengieza, Council on Aging Office Manager and Transportation Coordinator at 978-897-1880 (Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 3:30 PM) or via email at email@example.com. Council on Aging staff are also available to help you complete ride request forms by phone or email. After your registration is complete, you will be notified when you may start scheduling rides.
All ride requests must be made 48 business hours in advance for dispatching purposes. For example, for a Tuesday ride at 1:00 PM, requests must be made by Friday at 1:00 PM. If there is a Monday holiday, requests must be made by Thursday at 1:00 PM for a Tuesday ride.
Can I add a destination to my scheduled trip?
All proposed changes to a scheduled trip must be confirmed by the Council on Aging Transportation Coordinator prior to pick up. It is the policy of participating service providers and the Town to not allow riders to add destinations once the trip has been scheduled.
Both drivers and passengers will wear masks/facial coverings and follow proper hygiene. Taxis will be cleaned between riders and at the end of each work day. All passengers must follow proper hand hygiene and maintain social distancing. Additional protocols are in place and will be communicated to passengers prior to the use of transportation services. It is important to acknowledge that the many safety protocols in place will minimize, but cannot eliminate, the risk of exposure to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. See Waivers included in program application.
Additional Information the Town and Service Provider should know
- Will you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle?
- Do you have a child/children who generally travels with you? Note: if child is of car seat age, please provide a car seat, as the program cannot provide and will not drive children without seat
- Will you be travelling with a service animal?
- Will you be travelling with an aide or companion?
- Do you need special travel accommodations? Assistance getting to the door?
- Do you use a walker?
- Do you travel with an oxygen tank?
- Do you have a visual impairment?
- Do you have a hearing impairment?
Which companies are providing rides?
- JFK Transporation, Inc. from Natick, MA will be providing wheelchair accessible rides.
- Tommy’s Taxi of Framingham will be providing all other ride services.
What are the hours of service?
- JFK Transportation wheelchair accessible vehicles will not be available M-F 7:00 -9:30 AM and 1:30-4:00 PM; other weekday hours (5:30 AM to 8:00 PM) are available. JFK weekend hours are Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Tommy’s Taxi hours of operation are 5 AM to 11 PM; open 365 days a year, including all holidays.