Description of Duties
In Stow, the Highway Superintendent is an appointed official who directs and administers a department with a foreman and a number of full and part-time or seasonal employees.
- Is responsible for the ordinary repair and maintenance of over 60 miles of ways in the Town and their dependent system of sidewalks, traffic control, and snow and ice removal
- Applies for state and federal funds
- Subcontracts for road work
- Is responsible for the purchase and maintenance of the department's capital equipment
- Maintains the Town's commons, parks, and playing fields