About the Stow Housing Production Plan
The final product will be a plan that meets the requirements of a Housing Production Plan, as defined by Massachusetts General Laws under Chapter 40B. The final plan will be submitted to the Select Board and Planning Board for adoption. Next, it will be submitted for approval by the State's Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (fka DHCD). The planning process is funded by the Stow Municipal Affordable Housing Trust (SMAHT) and the Planning Department.
Planning Department staff are leading the HPP, with Planning Director Valerie Oorthuys and Land Use Planner/ GIS Administrator Michael Slagle. Gloria Huangpu, Community Engagement Specialist, and Casey Williams, Regional Housing and Land Use Planner, are managing the process at MAPC. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Kopczynski, SMAHT and Housing Authority Chair
- Cathy Leonard, SMAHT Member
- Maureen Crawford, Housing Authority Member
Upcoming Events & How to Get Involved
- Take our Housing Needs Survey *New
- Sign up to be a Housing Ambassador! *New
- We're looking to better reach renters in town. If you or anyone you know might be interested in participating in this, please submit an interest form through this link.
- Participate in a Focus Group *New
- Past Event Info:
The first forum for the Stow Housing Production Plan (HPP): Visioning Stow’s Housing Future took place on Tuesday, November 7, 7-8:30pm, at the Pompositticut Community Center. The forum was streamed on Stow TV and the recording can be seen here: https://youtu.be/ANE2Ct_lgBk?feature=shared