Please check daily for updated news by visiting the following webpages:
- Town of Stow website COVID tab (https://www.stow-ma.gov/home/pages/covid-19-information)
- Town of Stow Board of Health web page (https://www.stow-ma.gov/board-health)
- CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html)
COVID TESTING AND VACCINE INFORMATION
Residents should check daily for updated news on the above listed websites.
If you are a veteran, please call the Bedford VA to get your name on a list. They will call the veteran back with an appointment day/time.
For those residents living in private or public senior housing, you may consider contacting the property manager.
STIMULUS CHECK / ECONOMIC IMPACT CARD
Some payments may be sent on a prepaid debit card known as The Economic Impact Payment Card The Economic Impact Payment Card is sponsored by the Treasury Department’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service, managed by Money Network Financial, LLC and issued by Treasury’s financial agent, MetaBank®, N.A. If you receive an Economic Impact Payment Card, it will arrive in a plain envelope from “Money Network Cardholder Services.” The Visa name will appear on the front of the Card; the back of the Card has the name of the issuing bank, MetaBank®, N.A. Information included with the Card will explain that the card is your Economic Impact Payment Card. Please go to EIPcard.com for more information.
HOW CAN WE PROTECT OURSELVES
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with your hands
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve (not with your hands)
- Clean and disinfect surface areas frequently
- If you are over 60, consider asking a family member, friends/neighbors to shop for you. You may also, contact the COA for assistance.
- Remain out of congregate settings, avoid mass gatherings
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We are grateful for the community we live in with so many offers to help our senior residents. Volunteers must complete a volunteer application which can be obtained by emailing COAAdminAsst@Stow-MA.gov or downloaded from our website.
If you are interested in making a donation, below is a list of needed items. Check back as we will update this list.
- Monetary doantions including gift cards (so we can purchase grocery items for clients)
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Non-perishable items