Absentee Voting is available for Elections - NOT Town Meetings*
** PLEASE NOTE **
PER MASS GENERAL LAW
ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE ACCEPTED DURING THE CURRENT CALENDAR YEAR
i.e. An application received by the Town Clerk's office on December 20, 2019 will
ONLY provide the applicant with ballots for December 20, 2019 - December 31, 2019
IF you want to apply for absentee ballots during the 2020 Calendar year -
you should complete and send your application to the Town Clerk after January 1, 2020.
A Voter is eligible to vote Absentee if he/she
- Will not be in Stow between 7:00am - 8:00pm on election day
- A physical disability prevents the voter from going to the polling place
- Or because of a religious belief.
What voter must do
1. Must fill out the Absentee Ballot Application prior to receiving an absentee ballot.
- Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office, contact the Town Clerk to have an application mailed to you, or download an application online.
- Absenttee Ballot Form - recieved by the Board of Registrars of Voters/Town Clerk by noon the day before the Election.
2. An absentee ballot can be mailed to you OR you may make arrangements to vote in the Town Clerk’s Office once the application is received by the Town Clerk. If you wish to vote in the Town Clerk's Office; please call ahead
Call the Town Clerk's Office if you are unsure of your voter status: 978-897-5034.
* Warrant Articles are only agenda items for a Town Meeting. A Motion for each Warrant Article will be proposed at Town Meeting. Motions may be different from the Warrant Articles, ammendments to the Motion can be made/approved by Town Meeting voters, and occasionally votes taken on Motions can be reconsidered later in the same Town Meeting. For these reasons; only Stow voters that are present at Town Meeting at the time of voting, will have an opportunity to vote.