Special Town Meeting
Monday, July 10, 2017
Hale Middle School
55 Hartley Road
Special Town Election
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Polls are open 12 p.m. (noon) - 8 p.m.*
Center School (music wing at the front of the building)
403 Great Road
(note: This election has special polling hours and is held on a different day of the week than normal.
If you normally vote in the morning, you may get an absentee ballot if you leave for work/school before polls open.
See below for more information and links to application.)
The warrant was mailed to every household in Stow on June 21, 2017 in the Stow Independent.
Polls will be open: THURSDAY, JULY 20th NOON - 8:00pm
Deadline to Register to Vote is June 30, 2017
The Town Clerk's office will be open extended hours until 8 p.m for voter registration.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Are you registered to vote? Is the information current? Are you sure?
Be sure to complete a voter registration card if you:
Are new to town and would like to vote in future elections
- Moved to a new address within town
- Changed your name
- Want to change parties or unenroll from a party
- Voter Registration may be Completed ONLINE
- At the Town - 978-897-5034
- Usual Office Hours are Monday - Friday Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed daily for lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.) but sometimes it is only staffed part-time.
- Via Mail (mail-in forms are available at the Randall Library, the Stow Post Office, or the Sto w Town Building)
- Residents may also register to vote at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Questions about your voter status? Who your elected officials are? What you district you are in? Polling place?
Information provided includes: Voting Status, Party Enrollment, ID requirements if necessary, Precinct #, Voting Location, Town Clerk information, Your Elected Officials and Your Districts.
Town Meeting Location
All of Stow's town meetings are held at the Hale Middle School, 55 Hartley Road.
Town meetings commence at 7:00 p.m.
The Polling Location is Center School 403 Great Road
Main Parking lot is off of Great Road.
- Over flow parking is the Center School parking lot off Hartley Road, Town Building, and Town Hall.
- Polling Hours are USUALLY 7:00am-8:00pm
- Expedite Your Visit to the Polls!
- To view your voter status – go to this link and complete the online form.
- If you are an INACTIVE voter please call us to resolve the issue before Town Meeting/Election
- Inactive Voters can still vote BUT they have a longer process & paperwork at the polls.
- Know your Precinct! Maps can be viewed on the Town Website.
- State your address and name clearly to the poll workers
- If you need assistance getting to the polls – call the Stow Council on Aging to make arrangements 978-897-1880
- All of Stow's Elections will be held at Center School.
- On Election Day, polls are USUALLY open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
A Voter is eligible to vote ABSENTEE if he/she:
- Will not be in Stow between 7am - 8pm on election day;
- A physical disability prevents the voter from going to the polling place;
- Or because of a religious belief.
What voter must do:
1. Must fill out the Absentee Ballot Application prior to receiving an absentee ballot.
Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office, contact the Town Clerk to have an application mailed to you, or download an application online.
2. An absentee ballot can be mailed to you OR you may make arrangements to vote in the Town Clerk’s Office once the application is received by the Town Clerk. If you wish to vote in the Town Clerk's Office; please call ahead
Call the Town Clerk's Office if you are unsure of your voter status: