Upcoming 2015 & 2016 Elections and Town Meetings
Special Fall Town Meeting - November 16, 2015
Presidential Primary - March 1, 2016
Annual Town Meeting - May 2, 2016
Annual Town Election - May 10, 2016
State Primary - September 20, 2016
State Election - November 8, 2016
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Absentee Ballot Information and links further down on this page.
Friday, November 6, 2015 is the Last Day to Register to Vote, Change your Party Enrollment, Update your address (if you have moved recently) for the Fall Special Town Meeting.
Questions about your voter status? Who your elected officials are? what you district you are in? polling place?
Simply Enter your Name (as you are registered to vote), Date of Birth, and Zip Code
Information provided includes: Voting Status, Party Enrollment, ID requirements if necessary, Precinct #, Voting Location, Town Clerk information, Your Elected Officials and Your Districts.
- The Polling Location is Center School Gym/Cafe 403 Great Road
- Use the Main Entrance door (NOT the Music Wing/Old Gym entrance)
- Main Parking lot is off of Great Road.
- Over flow parking is the Center School parking lot off Hartley Road, Town Building, and Town Hall.
- Polling Hours 7:00am-8:00pm
- School will NOT be in session.
Expedite Your Visit to the Polls!
- To view your voter status – go to this link and complete the online form. http://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx
- If you are an Inactive Voter – Call us prior to October 23rd to resolve this.
- Inactive Voters can still vote BUT they have a longer process & paperwork at the polls.
- Know your Precinct! Maps can be viewed on the Town Website.
- State your address and name clearly to the poll workers
- If you need assistance getting to the polls – call the Stow Council on Aging to make arrangements 978-897-1880
All of Stow's town meetings are held at the Hale Middle School.
Town meetings commence at 7 p.m.
All of Stow's Elections will be held at Center School.
On Election Day, polls are open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
You may vote absentee if you...
- Will not be in Stow between 7am - 8pm on election day;
- A physical disability prevents the voter from going to the polling place;
- Or because of a religious belief.
What voter must do:
(Please read "Important Reminders" for deadlines and more information)
1. Must fill out the Absentee Ballot Application prior to receiving an absentee ballot.
- Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office, contact the Town Clerk to have an application mailed to you, or download an application online.
- Download an absentee ballot application for yourself
- Download an absentee ballot application for a family member
- The absentee ballot application must be received by the Board of Registrars of Voters/Town Clerk by noon the day before the Election.
2. An absentee ballot can be mailed to you OR you may make arrangements to vote in the Town Clerk’s Office once the application is received by the Town Clerk. If you wish to vote in the Town Clerk's Office; please call ahead
1. An absentee voter must fall into one of the allowable categories in order to vote absentee.
2. The absentee application mustived by the Registrar of Voters/ Town Clerk before noon the day before the election.
3. If the voter wishes to have the absentee ballot mailed to him/her - be sure to submit the application as early as possible and allow at least 3 days to receive the ballot in the mail.
4. If the voter wishes to vote the Upcoming Elections and absentee ballot at the town clerk's
Are you registered to vote? Is the information current? Are you sure?
Be sure to complete a voter registration card if you:
- Are new to town and would like to vote in future elections
- Moved to a new address within town
- Changed your name
- Want to change parties or unenroll from a party
Deadline to register to vote for
November 6, 2015
Voter Registration Deadline for: Special FALL Town Meeting November 16, 2016
February 10, 2016
Voter Registration Deadline for: Presidential Primary on March 1, 2016
April 12, 2016
Voter Registration Deadline for: Annual Town Meeting May 2nd
April 12, 2016
Voter Registration Deadline for: Annual Town Election May 10th
August 31, 2016
Voter Registration Deadline for: State Primary September 20th
October 19, 2016
Voter Registration Deadline for: State Election November 8, 2016
Voter Registration may be Completed
- At the Town Clerk’s Office
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Closed daily for lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Via Mail (mail-in forms are available at the Randall Library, the Stow Post Office, or the Sto w Town Building)
Residents may also register to vote at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
Approximately 400 households did not return the January 2015 street list/census mailing and will be moved to the Inactive Voters list per Mass. General Laws. Chapter 51, sections 4, 37, & 37A. These voters should either return the voter confirmation card which was sent to them or return the completed census form to the town clerk's office as soon as possible
Call the Town Clerk's Office if you are unsure of your voter status: