(aka Presidential Election)
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
403 Great Road
voter registration deadline: October 19th
Minuteman High School District Wide Election
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
*** Noon - 8 p.m. ***
403 Great Road
voter registration deadline:August 31st
*** Please Note Special Polling Time: NOON - 8:00PM ***
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Voter Registration :
Forms are also available at Post Office, Library, & any Town Clerk’s Office.
Are you registered to vote? Is the information current? Are you sure?
Be sure to complete a voter registration card if you:
- Are new to town and would like to vote in future elections
- Moved to a new address within town
- Changed your name
- Want to change parties or unenroll from a party
Voter Registration may be Completed
- At the Town Clerk’s Office, Best to Call Before Coming 978-897-5034 Usual Office Hours are Monday - Friday Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Closed daily for lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.) but sometimes it is only staffed part-time.
- Via Mail (mail-in forms are available at the Randall Library, the Stow Post Office, or the Sto w Town Building)
- Residents may also register to vote at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
Questions about your voter status? Who your elected officials are? What you district you are in? Polling place?
Simply Enter your Name (as you are registered to vote), Date of Birth, and Zip Code
Information provided includes: Voting Status, Party Enrollment, ID requirements if necessary, Precinct #, Voting Location, Town Clerk information, Your Elected Officials and Your Districts.
Town Meeting Location
All of Stow's town meetings are held at the Hale Middle School, 55 Hartley Road.
Town meetings commence at 7:00 p.m.
- The Polling Location is Center School 403 Great Road
- Main Parking lot is off of Great Road.
- Over flow parking is the Center School parking lot off Hartley Road, Town Building, and Town Hall.
- Polling Hours 7:00am-8:00pm
Expedite Your Visit to the Polls!
- To view your voter status – go to this link and complete the online form. http://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx
- If you are an Inactive Voter – Call us prior to resolve this.
- Inactive Voters can still vote BUT they have a longer process & paperwork at the polls.
- Know your Precinct! Maps can be viewed on the Town Website.
- State your address and name clearly to the poll workers
- If you need assistance getting to the polls – call the Stow Council on Aging to make arrangements 978-897-1880
All of Stow's Elections will be held at Center School.
On Election Day, polls are open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
You may vote absentee if you...
- Will not be in Stow between 7am - 8pm on election day;
- A physical disability prevents the voter from going to the polling place;
- Or because of a religious belief.
What voter must do:
(Please read "Important Reminders" for deadlines and more information)
1. Must fill out the Absentee Ballot Application prior to receiving an absentee ballot.
- Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s office, contact the Town Clerk to have an application mailed to you, or download an application online.
- Download an absentee ballot application for yourself
- Download an absentee ballot application for a family member
- The absentee ballot application must be received by the Board of Registrars of Voters/Town Clerk by noon the day before the Election.
2. An absentee ballot can be mailed to you OR you may make arrangements to vote in the Town Clerk’s Office once the application is received by the Town Clerk. If you wish to vote in the Town Clerk's Office; please call ahead
1. An absentee voter must fall into one of the allowable categories in order to vote absentee.
2. The absentee application mustived by the Registrar of Voters/ Town Clerk before noon the day before the election.
3. If the voter wishes to have the absentee ballot mailed to him/her - be sure to submit the application as early as possible and allow at least 3 days to receive the ballot in the mail.
4. If the voter wishes to vote the Upcoming Elections and absentee ballot at the town clerk's
Early voting is only available for Federal Elections (November 8, 2016 will be the first election to have early voting in Massachusetts)
More details will be posted when the State releases its regulations.
Call the Town Clerk's Office if you are unsure of your voter status: