****** THE TRAIL IS NOW OPEN TO ALL ******
Objective of Multi-Use Track Road Committee (MUTR):
To obtain and implement a design plan for a multi-use path along Track Road including connections with the Maynard Rail Trail and the White Pond Road trail in the Assabet National Wildlife Refuge.
1. Review public input and survey data.
2. Prepare bid request, obtain Selectmen approval, and receive bid response.
3. Submit response to Selectmen for approval and present at public meeting.
4. Meet with Selectmen to make go/no go decision on design contract.
5. If go, prepare contract and send to design firm; receive design plan with options.
6. Review plan with Selectmen and present at public meeting.
7. Selectmen decide whether to proceed with construction.
8. Oversee construction (assuming Selectmen approve).
The Multi-Use Track Road Committee (MUTR) will work with officials at the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge (ARNWR) to improve the path surface at the north end of White Pond Road, and to obtain agreement on use of the ARNWR path for biking and other recreational uses.