2013 Annual Town Meeting Milestones
- Dec 21, 2012: Deadline for department capital requests to Capital Planning Committee.
- Dec 24, 2012: Deadline for department budget requests to Town Administrator.
- Tues, Jan 22: Board of Selectmen officially opens warrant and sets closing date as March 29.
- Tues, Feb 12: Town Administrator presents preliminary FY 2014 budget to Selectmen.
- Fri, Feb 15: Deadline for 2012 annual reports to Selectmen's office for Town Report.
- Tues, Feb 26: Town Administrator holds "Financial State of the Town" meeting, with Assessors, Capital Planning, Finance, and school district officials.
- Fri, Mar 22: Last day to pick up nomination papers from Town Clerk.
- Tues, Mar 26: Town Administrator presents his recommended FY 2014 budget to Selectmen. Last day to file nomination papers with Town Clerk.
- Fri, Mar 29: Deadline for final warrant articles to Selectmen’s Office. Warrant to Town Counsel for review.
- Tues, Apr 9: Selectmen vote to accept warrant. Deadline for ballot questions to Town Clerk.
- Tues. Apr. 10: Deadline for voter registration for Annual Town Election
- Tues, Apr 16: Deadline for voter registration for Annual Town Meeting.
- Wed, Apr 17: Deadline for warrant to Stow Independent to print.
- Wed, Apr 24: Deadline for warrant to Town Clerk to post. Warrant mailed town-wide in Stow Independent.
- Mon, Apr 22: Candidates’ Night (tentative).
- Tues, Apr 30: Annual Town Election (re-scheduled from May)
- Tues. Apr 30: Deadline for Town Meeting presentations to Town Clerk.
- Wed, May 1: Town Moderator holds STOWS meeting.
- Mon, May 6: Annual Town Meeting begins.
- Tues. May 7: New Officials Swearing-In Ceremony. Selectmen vote officers for the coming year.
The Finance Committee public hearing date will be added later.