2017 Dog Licenses On Sale Now!
Include 4 Things
* Completed Application
* $10 per license (call clerk if you have 4 or more dogs for rates 978-897-5034)
* Current Rabies Certificate
* Self-Addressed Stamped envelope - postage 70 cents
THINKING ABOUT ESCAPING THE COLD & NEED A PASSPORT,
SIGNING YOUR CHILD UP FOR A SPRING SPORT,
OR GETTING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE?
PLAN AHEAD… YOU MAY NEED COPIES OF MARRIAGE OR BIRTH CERTIFICATES
Please allow 5-7 days to process the certificates.
Birth records are filed in the community where you were living at the time of the birth.
Marriage certificates are filed in the community where the intention was filed.
(It may not be where you were living or the town you were married in.)
Copies are $10 each & all copies are CERTIFIED with a raised seal.
Upcoming Voting Opportunities for Stow Residents
Annnual Town Meeting
Monday, May 1, 2017
Hale Middle School
55 Hartley Road
(may last more than 1 night)
Annnual Town Election
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
7:00am - 8:00pm
Center School Music Wing
403 Great Road
About the Town Clerk
Appointment Authority: Appointed by the Board of Selectmen
Description of Duties:
Seventy-three chapters and four hundred fifty-one statutes of Massachusetts General Law direct the Town Clerk's duties.
- Serves as Chief Election Officer, Public Information and Legislative Administrator, and Local Registrar of Vital Records and Statistics (birth, death, and marriage).
- Issues marriage licenses, dog licenses, and business certificates.
- Is a member of the Board of Registrars of Voters and is responsible for carrying out the functions of the Board in preparation, publication, and circulation of voter lists, the annual census and street listing of Stow residents.
- Submits all bylaws passed by Town Meeting to the Attorney general for approval.
*Certified Massachusetts Municipal Clerk